Wednesday, July 8, 2009

FOURTH OF JULY!!

After an exciting night of fireworks, we decided to go to our friends (the Andersons) to celebrate the fourth. They live on a massive property with their own private lake in the back. There was a volleyball net set up, kayaks, and the kids favorite, a mini atv. It was so much fun! And I have to say, it was the most impressive homemade fireworks show that I have EVER seen. It compared the the show we had seen the night before, it was awesome!
Dylan and I, and Angela and Sam hittin the lake.
My neice Madison and friend Scotlyn.
Tim and Audrey, and Dylan and I.
This is the little atv that the kids were chasing and fighting over all night. I was almost certain that somebody was going to get hurt and break a bone. Luckily, all injury was avoided. Woot!Take note of the outfit Syd is wearing. It only lasted about 30 minutes before it got hammered in the mud and she needed a change. Ugh, all I can say is her daddy was watching her!We had a lot of fun, and at the end of it Tim and Angela both decided that they could in fact live out in the boonies if they lived on a property like that one. It was awesome!

After going home and putting the kids to bed we had some firework fenatic friends come over to do more fireworks in the front yard. It was fun to introduce my family to the people I love out here. We were all kids again doing sparklers, smoke bombs, Roman candles, etc. Especially the part where I almost killed Brooks. (Sorry Dude, I swear I thought it only had one explosion not five!) Overall, we had a lot of fun and it was the ultimate way to celabrate our countries independance. Good food, family and friends made the day memorable!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the pictures! You are so beautiful!