Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Things We Say...

Recently Dylan has said a few things that aren't really brag worthy, just interesting and noteworthy for the books. Kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for. I need to really start paying attention to what he is learning from his surroundings.

1. While watching footage of the tsunami in Japan a few weeks ago, Dylan woke up and walked in (while I wasn't paying attention) and said,
D:"Oh wow, that looks really bad, is this real life? Are lots of people dying?"
Me: Yes, a lot of people are going to die from this, but you don't have to worry. It is far away from here. in Japan. Maybe we should pray for these people and their families.
D: No, it's not a big deal, and I'm not worried. People die in Star Wars all the time.

2. I have never been much of a spanker, but I do occasionally spank when my children induce harm on others. I know that there are many reason s against this, and apparently Dylan does too.
Me: I am sorry that I spanked you, but you need to learn that it is not ok to hurt others. Think of the lesson that you are teaching Sydney when you hit her, she might think it's ok to hit Macey.
Dylan: Well, you are the one teaching me a bad lesson. When you spank me it teaches me that I can hurt other people.
GREAT! Lesson learned.

3. Lately Dylan has been telling me and Cameron that he doesn't like his daddy as much as his mommy. Today for the first time in months Dylan asked to sit next to Cameron. When I asked him why he said, "because daddy was fun today. I just don't like people that aren't fun."
We still got it! We are still the "fun couple"!

4. "Dang it!" So apparently Dylan has been getting into trouble for saying this at school, (probably more for how he ways it than the actual words). Lately when I catch him saying it I try and get him to think of something else he could say.
Dylan: but you say it all the time mommy
Me: No I don't. And If I do, I don't think I am ever that angry when I say it.
Sydney: (pees on the floor (we are potty training) and Macey walks in it)
Me: Dang it Sydney!
Dylan 1 Mom 0

5. Dylan overheard me tell Cameron that all I wanted for my birthday was a new purse (not a diaper bag!). Dylan came home with this:
Dylan: It took me two whole days to make at school, and it is big enough to carry your keys and your wallet

1 comment:

coco said...

Are you raising a savant?! He is tripping me out. Oh and by the way- never throw away that purse