Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some TMI for a rainy day

I was a medical anomaly this month. Seriously.

Lets start it off with a bouncy ball size cyst that I woke up to in my nether regions about 3 weeks ago. It was crazy and painful...but alas, I dealt with it the best way I know how. Yes, I popped it, luckily the day before I took a class at the gym that incoorporated spinning into it (if that wasn't luck then I don't know what is!). Wow, it was NASTY! Ok, yes this is a little TMI, but it makes my story all the better. Once I took care of this situation, then came more fun. About 4 days later I woke up with a bug bite on my arm. It felt pretty painful, but it was just a bug bite, no biggie right? Wrong. Everyday for about 5 days it I woke up to find it getting bigger and nastier than the day before. I finally went to Jason after I had to skip going to my softball game due to the fact that I couldn't bend my arm...he gave me some antibiotics to take care of the infection. About 5 days later, my arm swelling had gone down in the sense that it was now swelling up and not out. I had a baseball size lump on my upper arm. I went to Jason's once again and he had to lance it open and drain it. Lidocaine and all. MORE PUSS! It was awesomely disgusting. Ok, so about 3 days after this I break out into a head to toe rash. I was certain it was pityriasis rosea (since I have had it before), but I went and checked with the dr. just to be safe. Pityriasis rosea was the diagnosis. I had the HERALD PATCH! Ok, so this should have been comforting when again for the next three days I was waking up to crazy rash everywhere, including my face, scalp and even the soles of my feet. I finally decided to go to a dermatologist one morning after waking up to puffy ears and lips...I was a little concerned that it was getting worse (my breathing was even affected). To my surprise the dr. said, "you are severely allergic to the antibiotic that you are on". DUH! "You could have died over the weekend" were her exact words. Awesome. Ok so I thought this was it, I had been through a whirlwind of medical crap for over half of the month...but nope. Lets throw in one more thing for the fun of it. I woke up two days ago at 3 am to a dream about acidic food in the ocean and there I was, throwing up. Again and again. 15 times total in 4 hours. It was AWFUL! I have NEVER thrown up like that before. It was super painful and sadly, I don't think I will ever have ice cream again. Holy cow, talk about the flu!

Anyway, so there has been my month in a nut shell. It has been horrible. All of this and we are still awaiting Syds EEG results, and Macey nearly had to get stitches in her mouth (her two teeth went through her lip when she fell into the entertainment center last week). Dude...hit me while I am down why don't ya!?

Here is a pic of my legs the day after I started taking steroids for my rash...I was head to toe in this stuff.

No comments: