Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sleep

Sleep: : the natural periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are restored 


Everybody needs sleep.  Not everybody may wants it (like Cameron).  But many people do (like me).  Its an odd though, that the body turns on and off duringthe times that it needs sleep.  Sydney used to function off of 4-8 hours a nights (when pre-schoolers need 11+) and she would be fine all day.  She was like the energizer bunny that kept on going and going and...you get the picture. But now that she is getting 11+ hours a night, she seems to be needing naps during the day.  What the freak? Shouldn't "the powers of the body be restored" during those 11 hours?  Why does she need more time...and 3+ hours at that!?  The more sleep she gets the more sleep she wants...but I guess I can say the same for myself.  When I get more than 10 hours (which happens very rarely) I drag all day.  Shouldn't I be more energetic than ever?  I don't understand, but I do know that I like to suspend consciousness as often as possible and if that means dragging all day, I'll take it.


Sydney doesn't take naps when I want her to, but when she is tired, she gets naked, finds her blankie and hides somewhere.  Usually it is in my closet. Today she hid here:



No comments: