Monday, February 20, 2012

Random DD and Mace


I have been focusing on Sydney a lot lately in my blogs, so I thought it was time to brag about my other kids. 

Dylan:

Dylan has finally outgrown the bratty kindergarten stage…I think.  He is so pleasant to be around, and so helpful (usually).  I really have been enjoying spending time with him and hearing what he has to say about everything.  He is so creative and hilarious!    He just thinks so much differently than most kids. 


My favorite thing about Dylan is that he doesn’t like to copy ideas. He likes to ask for help, but likes to take ideas and skew them a bit.  For example, when he needs help with school sentences I can tell him 2 or three sentences to write down that will work, but instead of using them he creates his own sentence using two of the words but changing the idea behind it.  It's pretty amazing. Here is another example of this, along with a few other stories:

Story 1.
Dylan loves going to church solely for the sacrament bread that Sister Kinkel makes.  He told her once after church that he really liked her bread, and what did she do the next week?  She brought him his own loaf.  How sweet is that!?  He of course would not share with anyone, and in fact ate half of it on the way home and saved the second half for his lunch box the next day.  It was cute.  The next Sunday while in sacrament meeting I asked him to draw her a thank you card:

Me: Dylan do you wanna draw a picture for Sister Kunkle to thank her for the bread?  
Dylan:  I don't want to.
Me: You can do something simple like a picture of bread with "thank you" somewhere written on it.
Dylan:  That is just dumb.  I want to draw a bread factory.  Oh, I can make a smoke stack!  (He proceeded to roll up a piece of paper)
Me: Dylan, I do not have tape to tape that together, can you please do something simple so we can give it to her today? 
Dylan: Uhh. Fine. I'm just going to draw a volcano with bread flying out of it.
Me:  Perfect! 
(My friend took a pic with her phone for me, so the bread top is cut off, sorry.)


Story 2. 
Yesterday after Dylan finished building his new Lego rocket ship he comes running up the stairs with his airplane and rocket yelling, "Maybe we should have the airplanes get married!  Look, this one can be the girl because it has boobies." (the one on the left) "I am going to make them kiss"

Today, he told me, "mommy, I was thinking about it and think that this one should be the girl because these can be the boobies, and this is the stomach where the baby can come out” (the one on the right opens up to let the astronaut out) 


Story 3.
Yesterday we were building a Lego star wars kit and Dylan got hung up on a specific feature.  He started grunting and getting mad:

Dylan: I hate this! This company is not as smart as the other company that did the other set.  Even I can figure this out. What were they thinking!?
Me: Lego is the name of the company that made all of these Lego sets. You must be talking about the people that work for the company that make the different sets. The people that created this set, are different from the people that created that set.
Dylan: Yeah, I guess. This set is just dumb because the ten people that made it were dumb. (Then he proceeds to get a piece from another of his sets and mades it work better.  Can you say...engineer?)

Story 4.
(this was this morning while putting on his Bobo Fett costume, I thought it was cute for a couple different reasons)
Me: Dylan who is Bobo Fett?
Dylan: He's what I'm wearing. Hes a bad guy. A bounty hunter. Do you know what that is mommy? 
Me, No, tell me.
Dylan: He is someone that gets paid to kill other people. He killed a wookie and put the skin over his shoulder like this and now that wookie is bare.  
Me: Is the wookie dead?  I don’t know, but hes bare.

Story 5.
Dylan: What are we going to put in the pinata mommy?
Me: well, you picked out that candy during halloween remember.  The pencils and the fun dip, and the...
Dylan: Wait, you are NOT putting fun dip in the pinata.  The sticks will all break when the candy falls out
Me:  Huh, you are right Dylan.  I didn't even think of that.   We still have to use them because we bought them for that.
Dylan:  I guess I am just going to have to worry about them breaking then. That's going to make me mad.

(How did I not even think of that, and how did he within seconds of me telling him?  He tells you his feelings too...smarty pants!)

Story 6.
Last week Dylan received an assignment from his art class to draw a picture around the word Google in hopes to win 30 thousand dollars. He is obsessed.  He wakes up ever morning with a new idea.  The first morning after the assignment was given, he came running up to me saying, "Mommy I just wanna work really hard on this picture because I could win 30 thousand dollars and then my school will have better art stuff.  They wont even tax you on it!  that means I could even have enough to buy a real car!"
HA!

Here are the kids watching a movie on D's birthday weekend:



Macey:

Wow, what to say about this little girl.  She is ridiculous with her language right now, and so funny!  Today I was in the kitchen while she was in Syds room and I sneezed.  From across the hall she yells, "bless you!" SHE IS 21 MONTHS OLD! She has an awareness and language that is unheard of (in my opinion). It's hilarious.  She sings the Adele lyrics in my car, and all of the songs that syd sings(only if they sing them together, she doesn't sing them by herself yet). She can do all the hand motions to the songs as well.  I am constantly amazed by this.

Macey gave me her blanket last week and I said "thanks Macey" and she responded, "your welcome mommy."  She can tell me anything that she wants. Anything.  After eating, if I forget to wipe her hands, she runs to me saying, "its sticky mommy".  She points to Dylan's Star Wars figures and can name a couple of them.  She knows some of her colors, and a couple letters.  I only brag because it is so comical (and yes often sad) how advanced she is compared to Syd at this age.  I feel like it was last month that Sydney did some of these things, and she is nearly 4!

Macey is also a BIG time follower.  She wants to do and say everything that her siblings are doing. She likes to get her nails done with Syd, eat the same foods, dress the same (screaming for princess when Syd has her princess jammies on), etc.  She also has picked up on Syds quirks that aren't so great.  She now screams when I brush her hair, or touch her socks.She even yells, "I wanna do it" when doing anything like getting dressed or getting into her car seat.  It is RIDICULOUS! UGH! On top of this, she is so mischievous.  She is the one that gets Syd into trouble half of the time.  She is always into something, and the two of them can tear up a room like you have never seen.  It's impressive actually.  I walked in on the two of them after Dylan's party up on the counter top playing in the jello. They are ALWAYS into something.  Yesterday Cameron came home and saw her pretending to be a dog and licking the water out of Marley's water bowl, after dragging and spreading the dog food across the floor.  Seriously, she is something else.  

Macey learned how to climb out of her crib today, and she opened her door and walked out as if it were perfectly normal. Hair a mess, grin on her face, and she just walked into Syds room to play. Nice try Mace!  Oh and she has pooped in the potty 3 legit times in the last month. (this isn't counting the times she has pooped on the floor after getting out of the bath.  Yes she still does this...it's very strange) 

My favorite thing about Macey though, is the fact that I see me every time I look at her.  She is a ragga muffin just like I was when I was a kid.  She is a mess ALL the time, she has a big ol grin that takes up her whole face, she is super stubborn, and she is a little tomboy.  I just can't get over how much she reminds me of myself. It is crazy.

Sorry this post is a bit everywhere, I just wanted to throw everything in since I haven't mentioned the other kids in a while


No comments: