Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Day!


As many of you know, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday as a kid. I always loved cooking in the kitchen with my mom and sisters, and I loved getting together with my cousins and hanging out for the day. What is better than good food, fun people, and charades at the end of the night (that was a West tradition). So this year was the year of the Mounts. We had every Mount but one (sorry Coco) out here and it was fabulous! We had 39 people for dinner and so we ended up doing it at the church so that we could let the kids run loose. (Luckily there were no stitches needed in Dylans finger this time...funny thing though, when the lights went off he started recounting the story of his finger getting cut and mommy crying with all the blood...what a good memory huh, that was almost a year ago.)

Anyway, it turned out to be a great day.

Without getting too sappy, I just want to tell you all how grateful I am for each and every one of you. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends who support and love me in spite of my shortcomings. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

1 comment:

coco said...

Wow-I think I am the one who is most grateful you posted this picture!!! I really missed seeing you all this Turkey Day. I am so happy I even made your blog. :o) I can't wait to be out there for Christmas!