Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Nearial"

Look at this little raggamuffin. She reminds me of a Rugrat. Her hair is always a mess (thanks to her ripping and losing nearly every clip I put in her hair), food all over her face, and a fat lip. Love it.

I have always been amazed at how children develop, but Macey has taken this awe to a whole new level. I can't believe how fast she is developing her language. She is 19 months and already speaking in two words phrases! It freaks me out. I know this probably is common for many of you, but not for me! Dylan if any of you remember, didn't say a word until he turned two and then, well, he never stopped talking. Sydney has taken her sweet time with language, with good reason. But Macey holy cow, it doesn't stop. I know it has nothing to do with how smart she will be, and I know kids all develop at their own rate, but I really am just amazed that a 19 month old can say and understand nearly everything.

For example:
-Yesterday Macey hit me on accident and after seeing that I was hurt she said, "ine sorry" and came and gave me a kiss.
-While watching a show with the kids she turned (at an appropriate time) before the kids started laughing and said, "thats funny".
-At the dinner table every night when we say its time for a prayer, she folds her arms and says "heanly fadder" (for Heavenly Father).
-If you give her something she will say, "thank you Daddy" (or whoever gave it to her).
-If you ask her where something is and she doesn't know she actually says, "idon know"
-she tells you is she wants to walk or run, "ina run" or "ina walk"
-Ok and just now she is in front of me saying "nearial, nearial" over and over again and I say, "but you just had some" and she just looked at me with a sad face and said, "please". I mean come on...I still have to say to my other kids, "what are the magic words?" if I want them to say please. I am still wowing over this.

Seriously? 19 months? How do they learn to understand language before potty training? or before being able to chew their food? It is crazy to me!

Some cute pronunciation ones are :
Cereal =nearial
blankie= nankie
ball=beeball
Peek-a-boo= beebo
yes= a short quick no (a no is a screeching no!)

I am sure there are more I just cant think of them right now.

Anyway, that is it. I am continually amazed at what these little kids and brains are capable of. It's awesome!

No comments: