Monday, December 19, 2011

Las Vegas Part 3-The Las Vegas MS Bike Challenge

There were three reasons as to why we decided to come together in Las Vegas for a family reunion this November.  1.  My dad turned 60 this year.  2: There was a Las Vegas MS bike challenge that our family could participate in (especially my mom)  3. Tim just took a job at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health heading up the new Multiple Sclerosis department.  We wanted to participate in the ride along with my mom and support him in this amazing new job that he has worked so incredibly hard to get.  Both tim and my mom have been somewhat of the poster children for MS recently being front page of their new awareness campaign on the internet and in the NY Times.

So here is the main event of the weekend:  Tim, Angela and I rode the first bit then met up with everyone else to walk/ride beside my mom as she rode the last 5 miles to the finish line.  
In perfect West fashion, we blew a tire of my moms bike within the first 5 minutes.  Thanks to a good Samaritan who lived across the street, we were up and running in no time.  
 First of all, what a man to do all three children on his own while letting his wifey peddle all morning. Second of all, he didn't complain, not even once! and 3rd...hes pretty cute isn't he?  I LOVE HIM! These kids were zonked!
 Here is the finish line, and the building that Tim works in.  Pretty fancy eh?
 We did it!

 Amir, emily and Aliya.  I love this family pic.
Syd waved us all in as we rode in.  Sweety. "U happy?" 
 It was a great day and I was so glad to be a part of it.  I have always wanted my kids to see their Grammer cross that finish line and this year, they were able to do that.  What an amazing memory.  I love you momma!

No comments: