Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sydney Turns One!

Sydney turned one on Friday, can you believe it? She is turning into a little person! I forget how quickly they grow up. Even though this last year has been the hardest on me physically, it is still so sad to see that my baby is outgrowing the baby stage. After a year of fussiness, (finding out she was lactose intolerant), pneumonia, epileptic seizures, and many restless nights, though sad, I am definitely ready for Sydney to be one. I am ready for her to start walking and talking so she can just tell me what is wrong. This guessing game is just getting old (Dylan was always so easy to read). I wonder if that is a gender thing, or just personality thing, they are just so black and white!On Friday, our family had a little birthday party at home. Grandpa and Grandma West bought Sydney a ride along toy that she will be able to use this summer. In the meantime, Dylan has decided to keep it warm. It is so cool, and is going to be alot of fun for both of the kids! Perfect! On Saturday we threw Syd a huge party. The weather has been nice lately, and so we thought it would be fun to invite friends and family together for a fun BBQ. It was great, and Syd had a great time. Here she is digging her hands into her cake. It took her a minute, but once she put her hands in she just played and played. There wasn't much eating of the cake, just lots and lots of mess. Syds friend Jack and her are playing a duet. Don't they make a cute couple?












We had a great time, and Sydney opened up a lot of really cute gifts. I love little baby girl clothes, could they be any cuter? Thanks for all the phone calls, gifts, and cards!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe she is 1 already! It has probably felt like a long year for you though. I can't wait to see her beautiful little face in a week!