Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring 2012

Spring is here which means POLLEN!  Last week  the pollen count reached record highs out here in Atlanta.  Here are a couple of pics:
 The deck pic was taken the day after I hosed it all off. 12 hours later you could see footprints in the pollen.  Ick!  I wish I had taken a pic of the slide before the kids went down, or at least a picture of Syd's bum.  I have never seen pollen like that all over her clothes.  I thought she had played in flour or something at school. It was everywhere. Luckily my allergies haven't kicked in this season...hurray!

 We bought Sydney a new car seat to help out with the buckling situation.  She still has to put it on herself, but she doesn't scream anymore about it!  She is excited to sit in her new pink and brown chair.

This weekend in our historic square, they held a little carnival for the kids.  These goats were one week old and super cute.  Syd had her picture in the paper petting them.  
Blue and pink hair!  The kids had a ball playing the carnival games.  Macey even won the cake walk!
 The park has become out new favorite place.  The weather has been amazing, and we are taking FULL advantage.  These girls love each other so much!
 Before:
 After:
Dylan is 6!  I still can't get over the fact that I have a 6 year old.  He is such a great helper with the girls, and he is so brave and independent.  He is a real kid now, and I don't have to follow him around anymore at the playground.  I love that!
 Macey is officially in her "big girl bed".  She has done really well in it, she rarely comes out at night while we are trying to get her down, and she still takes naps (I was worried!).  We are working on her not coming into our room at 3 am though....thats tricky!
Macey is getting smarter and smarter by the day.  Today in the car she said, "don't be silly mommy, ok!?"  5 words!  Cameron also asked her yesterday who she played with in the pool and she named off all 5 people (2 of them being our neighbors) Sydney still can't do that! Macey is a feisty, stubborn, and smart kid... that's for sure!
On that note, Dylan just tested for QUEST (the gifted program).  I am telling you, that kid is a genius (but I am partial:)  There were only 4 kids in the kindergarten that were tested, and he was one of them. I am kind of proud, is that lame?  I just can't believe they start so young! They didn't really test or have gifted classes offered before high school when I was a kid.
Sydney has been doing really well lately too.  I an finding that she isn't talking a whole lot more than normal, but what she talks about is different.  She has new words and phrases that I haven't ever heard. Yesterday she walked out of our neighbors house saying, "mommy, I was missing you." I asked her if she was lost and she said "yes".  Later that night when Cameron asked her about it, she told him "I lost mommy".  She is asking more questions, and speaking in more fluid sentences.  She also is expressing herself better to her siblings, and reading books (memorizing them) more often.  She has Green Eggs and Ham down!  She is also using her imagination more, especially with her puppets.
Syd is also crying a lot more recently, (but I hear that this is a good sign since she is more aware of things or what she is and isn't getting, make sense?).  

Overall things are going well with the kids!  They are amazing, and I am so lucky to have them in my life.  I am excited for nice weather and water fun!

1 comment:

Angela West said...

I am so glad, girlfriend. You have such an amazing ability to see the incremental moments of success. Thank you for your sensitivity