Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weighted Blanket a Success!

 Look what we made!   After a long day of sewing, hoses, and funnels, we finally finished Sydney's weighted blanket. I think we filled something like 190 squares.  It feels like a blanket with lots of mini bean bags sewn together.  Its kind of cool actually. My amazing mother in law helped me all day yesterday to complete this.  It definitely was a labor of love if you ask me. It took a while, but it was actually really fun to do and a bit comical at times as we were trying to figure it out along the way.  I will say this (and I have said it before),  there aren't many people that love to be with their mother in law for hours on end...but Elaine rocks, and I am NOT one of those people.  She is one of my closest friends, and I am so lucky to have her in my life.  Thanks Elaine for everything!
Here is Syd right after she opened her new present:
This is the back (you can see the squares better)
Here she is the next morning.  Notice her old blankie on the floor.  SCORE!  She loves her new blanket and now drags this 7 lbs thing everywhere.  I hope it holds up!
 Check out the shiner Sydney came home with from school yesterday.  It's a rug burn! OUCH!
 "BE CAREFUL!"

No comments: