Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years! 2012-2022


Happy New Years! 

I am fast approaching my 30s and am a bit freaked out about it.  Birthdays have NEVER bothered me, but for some reason this one has gotten my patties all in a bunch.  I have heard a lot of great things and not so great (mostly having to do with weight) things.  So I have decided that this New Years I would like to make resolutions for my 30’s. My top 5 resolutions before I reach 40 are:

1. Consistently average 6+ hours a night (hopefully 8) This would be an amazing change from the last 6 years. This would help with the dark circles under my eyes, allow my brain to function more properly (in order to accomplish #2), and aid in helping my tolerance and patience levels.

2.  As a result to having all three kids enter school, I am planning on going back to school to get my nursing license.  This is super exciting for me to think about, I just have to make sure that I do it and not get lazy about it.  It truly is a dream of mine to be an advocate for women in the birthing rooms of a hospital.  Ever since delivering my first child, I KNEW that this is what I truly wanted to do.

3. Find a job that I love that with allow me to be both a mother and employee.  My vision is to work a few nights a week and sleep when the kids are in school allowing me to be there for them every day!  I know that this can be accomplished (since the night shifts are usually the most available), again though, I need to NOT be lazy about it and DO IT!  Thinking about working again makes my heart flutter just a tad.  I have always enjoyed working and contributing to the family, but I never wanted to put my kids in daycare or nanny care to do it.  So, once they are in school, all systems are a go! 

4. Lose ten lbs and get in shape or, at least stay where I am as of right now.  I hear that metabolism starts to slow in the 30’s so I am determined to start eating right and making sure that as mine slows, I don’t see the difference in my “body fat” (as Dylan would say).   Losing weight isn’t as important as feeling better and being in shape either.  I am beginning to see the sag in my body, (in more places that I would like) and I would love to tighten it all up. 

5.  Get fixed.  This body here is off limits for bearing any more children, and I plan on making that permanent 
in the near future.  Sorry to all of you who think that I am “kidding” but this factory is closed! 

I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT MY 30’S BRING!  HELP ME REMEMBER AND REACH MY GOALS!

1 comment:

Katie Houston said...

That is so awesome that you are going to go to nursing school! I think that is such a courageous move. I don't think I'd have the guts! I am inspired by you and rooting for you!