Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reading Rainbow

It has been a while since my last post, my life just seems to be super busy these days. Here is the latest book that Dylan is reading all the way through...how he memorizes is amazing to me. It is called Easy Street and is about making a street of course (the end is easier to understand that the beginning, I wanted to put subtitles on but coudln't figure it out). Take note that his clothes are on backwards and inside out. Dylan is going through the stage where he HAS to get himself dressed without any help, (I let him wear it like that around the house until we have to leave in which case he FREAKS out). I Love three year olds!



I love that Dylan enjoys reading and books. When I lay him down for a nap I like to sit next to the door and listen to him read or make up words to the books he is looking at. It is so cute. He has such an imagination these days. The other day we were at McDonalds play land and I heard him on the slide with a kid saying "guess what was at my house today?....a dinosaur.....roarrrrrr". The kid was about two years older and just looked at him like he was crazy. The funny thing is that Dylan kept following him and repeating himself over and over because he just wanted a reaction from the boy. It was hilarious.

On another note, Sydney is walking up a storm these days. Her balance is getting much better and she goes back and forth between people. Every now and then I will catch her out of the corner of my eye let go of something and start walking. I am amazed at her bravery and how often she stops and lets herself sit down (rather than falling right over...her balance is getting so great!). Here is her last week with G-mama and G-papa...she is a bit better this week, but I likes this video. Oh, and listen close for one of Dylan's daily tantrums, don't you wish you lived at my house?

1 comment:

g-ma-ma said...

Dylan can wear his clothes backwards to my house anytime....and I need him to read me a story...will he do that??

Watching Sydney walk is now one of my favorite activities. Noone has ever shown that much excitement about getter closer to me....AWESOME FUN!!!