Monday, March 16, 2009

Just a thought...

My sister recently sent me some essays out of Anne Lemott's book titled Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith and I loved them so much that thought I would share one of my favorite quotes from the book. This quote comes from my favorite essay was called "Traveling Mercies" about serindipity, destiny, fate, etc. I loved it because it made me think about life and how when so many things go wrong in our lives we tend to think we are on the wrong path, when really, we are exactly where we need to be. She wrote, "When a lot of things start going wrong all at once, it is to protect something big and lovely that is trying to get itself born-and that this something needs for you to be distracted so that it can be born as perfectly as possible."

Love it.

1 comment:

Jim Mount said...

Boy, I am due something big!!