Thursday, November 1, 2012

Funnies

1.
Dylan: Mom, you  know how the USA stands for something really important?
Me: Yes
Dylan: I want my new nickname to be DIA, for Dylan Is Awesome.

2.
Dylan has been struggling a bit with complaining lately.  After trying just about everything, I decided to try something new. About three weeks ago I pulled out a glass of water and filled it half full.  I then asked him to tell me about what he saw. He proceeded to tell me that he though it wasn't full.   We then had a long conversation about this idea of half empty or half full.  About being grateful and seeing the good and not the negative.  It was a really great conversation   I talked about how I often think this way and how it makes my life harder,  and how his daddy has a gift to see the positives, etc.  Anyway, long story short, two days ago Dylan started saying thank you and I love you all day long for everything.  "Thank you mommy for driving me to Burger King", "thank you daddy for letting me go to the zoo with Jack", "thank you mommy for giving me a hug", etc.  This went on all day long.  At one point I turned to Cameron in the car and said, "Dylan has been really positive and sweet today, I love it".  Just then Dylan leans over (with a big ol grin on his face), and whispers in my ear, "Mommy, I decided I wanted to see the cup half full".  BAM!  

No comments: