Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Piano Man

 Dylan had his second recital!  His first recital was after 2 weeks of lessons and he played Hot Crossed Buns.  This time it was legit.  He had only had about 10 lessons, but he played 4 songs (one including Mary had a Little Lamb)!  He did a fantastic job, and was very proud of himself.  He even said on the way home, “Mommy, I think that I have to hate lessons 2 times before I start liking them.  I actually really like playing the piano now”.  Music to my ears! (I don’t necessarily want him to love playing the piano, I just want him to enjoy something and want to stick with it since he likes to give up on things when he struggles with them.)  I hope that this sticks and that he continues to practice and have fun with it!
                                      
By the way, these bow ties that you will see in recent pictures were given to Dylan from his Great Grandpa Mount who recently passed.  Dylan wears them every Sunday and loves them.  I don't know if he will ever take to traditional long ties.  And as long as he is this cute, I hope he never does!

No comments: