Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Son of a Therapist

I don't think I have shared this yet, but Dylan has developed this new thing when he gets upset. After he has his time out (for doing soemthing wrong) he goes downstairs to be alone and calm down. Recently, (for the past 2 months), he comes back upstairs with a drawing in hand, almost always looking like one of these. He starts off with the X to show that he is "mad". It used to just stop there, but lately, he closes the X to show that he isn't going to be mad anymore and that he is going to do better. He recently started drawing faces and hearts to represent Cameron and myself, and love. Usually the face and the heart are crossed out of whoever he is mad at. Sad huh? His explanation; "well, it doesn't mean that I just don't love you, it just means that I didn't just love you a little bit".

Can you tell he is a therapists son? So in tune with his feelings.

3 comments:

coco said...

I love this post! I've never seen anything like this little guy....Deep thinker

britney said...

I know right COCO? Where does he come up with this stuff?

Katie said...

man, this kid is SMART. i can't wait to see what he does when he grows up! :D